Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Available soon on www.abook2read.com

Dear Readers, Lovers of the Written Word.

I promised last week to bring titbits and a little synopsis about what readers can expect in my books. Today I want to tell you specifically about Short Stories Out Of Africa. This is a collection of my short stories that span a period of over two decades. There is a short story that I wrote in December 1989, called Nurse Laura's Affair. This story, told in retrospect, is about a young doctor during the 1940s who finds love - literally on his deathbed. Another gem is a 1990 shortie that I guarantee readers will love. It is called Personal Surprise, and tells of lengths rich people would go to amuse themselves...Some of the short stories are quite newer - a mix of the 1990s and the 2000s, including two prize winners The Good Samaritan (2004) and The Journey (2005).

Apart from this, what can readers expect from the collection?

Can loving parents turn around the life of a wayward teenage daughter?

A stranger is someone, a friend, you never had. But what price do we pay for helping a stranger?

How far can a drug addict go to get his fix, and is there anything a mother can do to stop him?

What does it take to change the life of a thug? Can HIV stand in the way of a seasoned criminal?

Countless men deal with abusive spouses in their homes... and bottle it up. Is there a remedy for a woman who abuses her husband? Can going through a cleansing program curb absive women's anger? Will a daughter welcome home a mother who had killed her father back from prison?

Mr Khumalo is a rich man. Unfortunately, he has terrible problems no medical science can make sense of. But one doctor with extensive experience prides himself in curing paranormal ailments. The trouble is Mr Khumalo doesn't believe in the supernatural. Will Mr Khumalo finally find relief to his personal problems?

And what happens when a nurse falls in love with a patient?
  • The answers to these questions, and many others, are contained in Short Stories Out Of Africa, a selection of 13 fascinating South African short stories that make up this book.

Cherio

1 comment:

  1. I've just submitted one novel and three collections of stories to abook2read. However, I haven't yet signed the contract and I'd like some feedback from you as to the actual experience you've had with Mr Riley-Smith and his contract, some of whose provisions seem to me rather problematical.

    I'm including my URL so that you can check my bona fides for yourself. Please note; my creative writing is mostly avaiable to my contacts only.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete